After watching news reports about what’s going on in Hawaii…

After watching news reports about what’s going on in Hawaii…

OldMan_in_WV
It occurs to me that what Britain lacks is its own active volcano.

Re: After watching news reports about what’s going on in Hawaii…

Porcupine Pete
I believe there is one in Scotland. Don't know how active......

Re: After watching news reports about what’s going on in Hawaii…

OldMan_in_WV
There are many hills throughout Britain that once were mighty volcanoes.
Those days, however, are long gone. The last time an active volcano existed anywhere
on what is now the British Isles, the event was witnessed by dinosaurs.
I say the British people deserve better and should not be outdone by those upstarts on the Hawaiian Isles.
Take up your placards and gather your neighbors and march on the nearest government offices.
You pay your taxes and you should demand your rights.
YOU WANT FLOWING LAVA AND YOU WANT IT NOW!!

Re: After watching news reports about what’s going on in Hawaii…

dragonslayer384
some countries are using the heat from volcanoes and under ground heat sources to heat homes and buildings and now in the uk they  have found deep underground heat sources which they are hoping to tap into to provide heat and just a mile from where I live is a small extinct volcano