Quantcast

Another shooting in the US... at LAX

1234

Another shooting in the US... at LAX

Veritas
When will Americans realise the need for gun control?

Re: Another shooting in the US... at LAX

AnnKlebita
Our problem is we have texas.
MissAnkleBiter, AntonyBitoAnkle and AnnKlebita

Re: Another shooting in the US... at LAX

*StarShine*
Administrator
AntonyBitoAnkle wrote
Our problem is we have texas.
Yep ... U B right with that one...

Re: Another shooting in the US... at LAX

Another stabbing in the UK

(Reuters) - Police investigate the murder of a soldier hacked to death on a busy London street. One of the assailants was filmed justifying the killing as he stood near the body holding a knife and meat cleaver in bloodied hands. A knife is the most common murder weapon used in homicides in England and Wales.

When will Britain realize the need for knife control?

When will Britain realize the need for knife control?
Now that is not knife of you ....       shame on you old man picking on those poor innocent people...

Re: Another shooting in the US... at LAX

OldMan_in_WV
StarShine, I get very annoyed by those on the political left who believe it is possible to control criminal conduct simply by passing additional laws. There are already over 20,000 laws on the books across the United States to control the possession and use of firearms. The extraordinary naïveté of the left wing mindset which believes that by adding additional laws it will change the actions of either criminals or lunatics who go berserk appears to be unalterable.
And I am not knife when I get gunrumbly.

Re: Another shooting in the US... at LAX

joni38
Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Re: Another shooting in the US... at LAX

*StarShine*
OldMan_in_WV wrote
StarShine, I get very annoyed by those on the political left who believe it is possible to control criminal conduct simply by passing additional laws. There are already over 20,000 laws on the books across the United States to control the possession and use of firearms. The extraordinary naïveté of the left wing mindset which believes that by adding additional laws it will change the actions of either criminals or lunatics who go berserk appears to be unalterable.
And I am not knife when I get gunrumbly.

Was just playing with ya...       I don't believe in more laws either...    but I do believe we should have the right to own a gun and use it if need be... because when they take the guns away from the law abiding citizen ..only criminals will have them ...   I believe in being able to defend ourselves...

My daughter is a purple belt in martial arts...  am sure you remember that ..   :)    I hope if anyone ever ...God forbid ever tries to hurt her....she kicks their ass in ....  :)

Re: Another shooting in the US... at LAX

Veritas
Stabbing deaths per week in the UK : 6 (average)
Shooting deaths per week in the US: 18... PER DAY.
Do the math...

Re: Another shooting in the US... at LAX

peterws
America is a big place.  Maybe the authorities need to lock away people who do this.  Before they do it.  Most will have serious ongoing criminal records.  They shouldn`t be free.  They should be dead.
"I will usually be pushed filed stamped indexed briefed debriefed or numbered"

Re: Another shooting in the US... at LAX

MissAnkleBiter
thats why I hang my head in ol' philly

Re: Another shooting in the US... at LAX

Your Morality
Okay lets do some socially correct math....

How many people get hurt or killed at soccer games in the U.S.?
How many people get hurt or killed at soccer games in the U.K.?

Should the U.K. ban soccer balls?

Don't you get it?

It's not the guns.
It's not the people.
It's not the fans.
It's not the soccer balls.

It's the blame. When people act stupid by placing blame on their victims or the other team or fans of the other team, they sometimes act even stupider by choosing a weapon to reconcile their false blame with. Choosing the weapon is only a part of the act. The weapon varies. What is always the same is the BLAME.

Your weapon(s) just happen to be words....the blame is the same.

Re: Another shooting in the US... at LAX

joni38
With blame and weapons, you have 4 possible scenarios:

Blame + no weapon = blame only.
Blame + weapon = situation.

No blame + weapon = weapon only.
no blame + no weapon = no problem.

So  what you have to watch out about is #2:  Blame + Weapon = Situation.

The only way to regulate that is to take away the excess weapons and/or do a better screening job selling the weapons.  You can't regulate blame.  There, it is mathematically proven.

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Re: Another shooting in the US... at LAX

Veritas
Players killed playing soccer in the UK since 1963: 79
According to the FBI in the same period 1,054,000 US citizens were killed by guns.

In 2009 the main weapons held by private citizens in the US were:
114 million handguns, 110 million rifles and 86 million shotguns... all these for a population of 305 million, which includes children, the elderly and those who do not own a gun.

Why so many guns?

Re: Another shooting in the US... at LAX

Veritas
And this just in from News.com.au:

SHOPS are on lockdown at a shopping centre in the US after at least one gunman opened fire.

According to a police source, the shooting began near the Nordstrom department store on the second level of the Westfield Garden State Plaza in Paramus, New Jersey. At least eight shots have been fired, FOX8 reported.

The gunman is believed to be wearing body armour and reportedly has shot at and destroyed security cameras.

WCBS-TV reporter Jessica Schneider tweeted from outside the shopping centre.

Re: Another shooting in the US... at LAX

There are more than 129,817 federally licensed firearms dealers in the United States which is about four times as many as the number of grocery stores and supermarkets in the country.
According to reports, in 2010 there were 5,459,240 new firearms manufactured in the United States, nearly all (95 percent) for the U.S. market.  An additional 3,252,404 firearms were imported to the United States. All have been sold.
According to the FBI Uniform Crime Report, between 2006 and 2010 47,856 people were murdered in the U.S. by firearms.
That’s about one American killed every 40 minutes.
What you don’t see in these numbers is that the vast majority of the homicides were gang related and being perpetrated by blacks and Hispanics in the inner cities most of whom already had criminal records.
To hear gun control advocates speak, one would be led to believe that gun violence is a widespread problem whereby the mere existence of a gun is as much a problem as the person who intends to wield it. But the reality is that gun homicides are overwhelmingly tied to gang violence. In fact, a staggering 80% of gun homicides are gang-related with gang members killing other gang members. According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC), gang homicides accounted for roughly 8,900 of 11,100 gun murders in both 2010 and 2011. That means that there were just 2,200 non gang-related firearm murders in both years in a country of over 300 million people and 275 million guns. That means that there is one non-gang related murderer (using a firearm) out of every 65,000 gun owners.
One other thing. When you hear gun control advocates talk about the high numbers of poor innocent children killed by guns in the U.S. keep it in mind that they are referring to everyone under the age of 18 as children like these poor innocent toddlers:

Re: Another shooting in the US... at LAX

Veritas
I wonder what the death toll in the 2007 Virginia Tech student massacre would have been if the assailant would have had a knife (or a soccer ball)... 50 innocent students (not gang members) were cut down in the prime of their life... such a waste of potential. We need to stop making excuses and do something before someone you know or love is gunned down...

Re: Another shooting in the US... at LAX

peterws
Statistics are a wonderful thing!  Somewhere in the midst, lies the truth.  You did a great job with those figures, o/m!

OldMan in WV for President . . .
"I will usually be pushed filed stamped indexed briefed debriefed or numbered"

Re: Another shooting in the US... at LAX

Veritas, there a few points you have to come to grips with. One, the American people are not going to be disarmed. Two, No matter what laws are passed criminals are going to disobey them. Three, no society in the world can protect itself from the random lunatic.
If you exclude gang related violence then America has one of the lowest homicide rates in the world.
Even including all murders, America ranks 105 among nations in homicide rates per capita.

Pete, I can imagine no greater insult than to suggest to someone that they have a character held in such low regard as to be equated to that of a politician. What is it that I have ever done to you to cause you to hold me in such contempt?

Re: Another shooting in the US... at LAX

peterws
Administrator
I thought (unlike the British) all American presidents were held in highest regard!  JFK was held in such esteem that someone from the criminal fraternity had to shoot him!  He must`ve definitely been onto something.  One day, it`ll all come out!
Now, if you don`t want the President`s job, come and inject some sense (and statistics) into our United Kingdom Independence Party.  Nige`ll buy you a beer too.  How good`s that?