At this time of year I, once again, get to ask the question...

At this time of year I, once again, get to ask the question...

Re: At this time of year I, once again, get to ask the question...

Tom-O
In Curmudgeon County, West Virginia
on the trail of the lonesome whine
In a State that couldn't be less linear
with a pail of pure moonshine

Since June, I've been a-trudgin' and a-sippin' the brew
through to December, I've been a-searching for you
Till now, that folks are most full of cheer
there's that whine, and I know that you're near

So here, is the message I bear
a message that ain’t no bull
tidings that are both fresh and fair
and a pail that you'll see as 'half-full'

Not blue, as the mountains appear
but Golden as the apples you rear
as bright as the bird you hold dear
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

P.S.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzZDW0-tpTA

Re: At this time of year I, once again, get to ask the question...

OldMan_in_WV
On being a curmudgeon:

Your poetry is appreciated, however, I refer to today as The Great Annual Christian Midwinter Greed Festival. It is a day when Christians everywhere teach their children the value of “getting”. I find this open and brazen religious hypocrisy annoying. I do not participate. I do no Christmas shopping.
To me, the sentiment “Bah humbug” is heartfelt.
I make only one gesture on this day and that is to make a donation of money to a local mission that feeds the hungry.

May the following year bring to you and yours a long series of delightful surprises.