Children and salad bars

MissAnkleBiter
Does anything make you sicker then when you are eating your salad bar salad and you notice the 6 year old at the bar with fingers on the tomatoes and chin in the chopped liver?
Ya know how there is a height chart before carnival rides "you must be this tall to ride"?  Well we need one of those at salad bars and buffets.    Why cant parents be more considerate and fix a childs plate for them?

Re: Children and salad bars

SmartShark1958
I know what you`re saying Ankle,I`ve seen kids use their hands at a salad bar,and then put something back,again using their hands.I blame the parents,the kids are too young to realize what they`re doing is not acceptable. I know of a restaurant owner(I was there),that asked a parent to help their child,because he was putting his fingers in everyhing at the salad bar,the parent got all huffy about it,and got up and left with his family.The owner was not abusive,or threatening to the parent,he was concerned at the child`s behavior,and wanted the parent to take control of his kid.

Re: Children and salad bars

MissAnkleBiter
well restaraunt owners shouldnt want rude customers like that anyway.  For one inconsiderate family,  you lose 10 polite families

Re: Children and salad bars

SmartShark1958
So true,Ankle.

well restaraunt owners shouldnt want rude customers like that anyway.  For one inconsiderate family,  you lose 10 polite families

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/Children-and-salad-bars-tp3350786p3350955.html
To unsubscribe from Re: Children and salad bars, click here.

Re: Children and salad bars

SuitYourself
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Children and salad bars

crony
You're making me rethink eating at salad bars...and you're also making me think about the poor behavior of children in general that I see in public these days.  For one thing, you can't even go in a store or restaurant anymore without listening to continuous screaming and crying that some parent does nothing about stopping.  When my son was small, if I was not able to immediately stop his loud behavior, I would remove him from whereever we were if in public - out of consideration for other people.  Not that I had alot of problems with my son's behavior when he was little though.  He was generally a very happy little boy who was easy to take places, except that he always wanted to be on the go.

Re: Children and salad bars

Empathy
You think that is bad!!! Let me tell you a story.

I was eating at a restaurant with my family. My daughter was not eating her peas on her plate. I encouraged her to eat her peas. She didn't want to, but took a scoop and ate it. Shortly afterward she gets up from her seat and starts to run in the direction of the bathroom. Suddenly she throws up and it landed on a table with people eating their meal. She keeps on trucking towards the bathroom and then she blew it again, by the salad bar. What a mess!!! She finally makes it to the bathroom, but someone is in there. She is trying to hold it in. The door opens up and the lady waiting in line says; "I'm next!!" She looked at my daughter who now is having trouble holding it in, and then says;"I guess I am not!" Of course after all the commotion, I am out there helping them clean up the mess. Just think of the spoiled appetites after that incident!

Moral of the story?

Don't force your children to eat their vegetables!
The only way we fail.... Is if we fail to try!

Re: Children and salad bars

MissAnkleBiter
HAHAHAHA WELL THATS ACTUALLY SADLY FUNNY

Re: Children and salad bars

SmartShark1958
That`s a horrible story,Empathy,you must have been so embarrassed,your poor daughter,she couldn`t help it,and I bet she feels terrible about it too.

Re: Children and salad bars

MissAnkleBiter
Im sure at the time,  but now it has to be funny.  Something you can tell her kids when she has them

Re: Children and salad bars

SmartShark1958
Yeah,that would be a hellava story when she has her own kids,lol.

Im sure at the time,  but now it has to be funny.  Something you can tell her kids when she has them

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/Children-and-salad-bars-tp3350786p3352106.html

I can laugh about it now!!
The only way we fail.... Is if we fail to try!

Re: Children and salad bars

Gabriel5
I love to eat healthy food and I am very diet conscious. So always want to eat food which has less calories but rich in fibers. I am always looking salad bar ideas to make things excited so I can stay motivated.