Quantcast

Could Jesus have been a pescetarian?

12

Could Jesus have been a pescetarian?

MissAnkleBiter
I've only heard about him eating fish and bread. Maybe he didnt eat actual land meat.

Re: Could Jesus have been a pescetarian?

jevette
The Gospels specifically mention Jesus keeping three Passover feasts in Jerusalem. However, in order to keep the feast, the participants were given roasted lamb, bitter herbs, and unleavened bread to eat (Exodus 12:3-4). The entire lamb had to be eaten during the feast. If there were any leftovers, they had to be burned (Exodus 12:10). If Jesus did not eat the lamb, he would have been violating the Law and could have been accused of sin.
“One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.”

Re: Could Jesus have been a pescetarian?

MissAnkleBiter
hmmmm, well i still think we're meant to eventially go veg or pesce

I could never be a vegetarian...Beef, it's whats for dinner.
“One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.”

Re: Could Jesus have been a pescetarian?

MissAnkleBiter
Its almost impossible for me too.  Being hypoglycemic, I grab what I can fast, and my girlfriend refuses to cooperate with my even trying.   I already told her I dont do pork, yet she keeps trying to serve it.
I really wish I could atleast go all pesce though.

Re: Could Jesus have been a pescetarian?

Littlepest
Both animals and humans were vegetarians at one time.

Re: Could Jesus have been a pescetarian?

Zemen
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Could Jesus have been a pescetarian?

Littlepest
Genesis 1:29-31 (New International Version)

 29 Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food." And it was so.

 31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.

Re: Could Jesus have been a pescetarian?

Littlepest
It wasnt until after the flood of Noah's day were they allowed to eat animals

Genesis 9:1-3 (New International Version)

Genesis 9
God's Covenant With Noah
 1 Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth. 2 The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea; they are given into your hands. 3 Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.

Re: Could Jesus have been a pescetarian?

MissAnkleBiter
ah!  thanks for finding that.  I guess my inner intuition was correct then.

can googly ever make a post that isn't asking a question? LOL

CONTENTS DELETED

LOL googly....see....2 questions again. luv it, lol
“One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.”

Re: Could Jesus have been a pescetarian?

debunkem
No question here - only a statement in court :
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wBExdblRNY

Re: Could Jesus have been a pescetarian?

Stupid
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Could Jesus have been a pescetarian?

iGIG
Hi, I dont think I could be a total vegetarian............BUT if I was allowed fish then maybe, just maybe I could.

Peace :-)
“Now unto Him who is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, to the only wise God our Savior, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and forever. Amen.”
 Jude 1: 24-25

Re: Could Jesus have been a pescetarian?

MissAnkleBiter
yes...thats the def of "pescetarian"  fish ,veg,fruit and grain.

Re: Could Jesus have been a pescetarian?

Jaiimii
Actually a Pescatarian is a lot like a lacto - ovo vegetarian. The only difference is Pescatarians will eat sea creatures (the non mammal ones), the vegetarians will not eat them.

Re: Could Jesus have been a pescetarian?

Veritas
No I am pretty sure that he was a Methodist... ;)

Re: Could Jesus have been a pescetarian?

Flora
Ha ha! Good one V!
When we do not believe in something, we will fall for anything.’ (Adam’s Return, p. 80).
12