Devotionals...

Skyee
I've never had a daily devotional but I'd like to get one and begin using it. Anyone have any suggestions for a good one? Or good authors of them?
What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly.

Re: Devotionals...

peterws
Administrator
We had an online one from "First Importance" which ran for some time.  But we  never bought the books, so it stopped after two years or so.  Very good it was too. . .
"I will usually be pushed filed stamped indexed briefed debriefed or numbered"

Re: Devotionals...

Skyee
Was First Importance free? I shall look for it!
What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly.

Re: Devotionals...

PlanetGem

i am devoted to this post
how pretty
:)

Re: Devotionals...

Skyee
I found a great devotionals app that I use. It's free and its called Daily Bible Devotion. It gives a verse and a short thought provoking message on topics. Once in the morning and once at night. It's proved to be a positive start and end to my day and has helped me strengthen my faith.

I`ll have a look at that meself.  There used to be a booklet (still is I think) called "Every day with Jesus"  which was extremely popular and sounds similar.  Didn`t always go along with the thought provoking message though . .

you should pete!!! :)
What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly.

Re: Devotionals...

Phoenix
I must say ever since Skyee found that app she's been more happy and positive. I recommend trying that app. It never hurts to be more happy and more positive in life. Just saying.
"My motto has always been: If you persevere, you will prevail. Give it a try." -Fern Michaels

Re: Devotionals...

peterws
Administrator
Just how much happiness and positiveness can an ole fella stand?  Dammit, I`ll have nothing` to moan about . . . .

Lol Pete. I think you can stand a lil more
What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly.

Re: Devotionals...

peterws
Administrator
I do crazy things when I`m happy.  It has absolutely nothing to do with alcohol . . .
"I will usually be pushed filed stamped indexed briefed debriefed or numbered"