Do we ever have a good reason to kill?

Veritas
Do we ever have a good reason to kill?

Re: Do we ever have a good reason to kill?

OldMan_in_WV
There are numerous instances when one has a good reason to kill and when killing is justifiable.
When defending oneself, one’s friends, one’s family, or even a perfect stranger against harm from another.
In defense of one’s nation from foreign enemies or in defense of liberty.

Or in opposition to tyranny such as practiced by those Islamic extremists who wish to reign over the world and will kill you if you oppose them.
Of course, they are in sync with the teaching of Jesus who in Luke 19:27 says:
"But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me."

I would fight and kill to prevent either Islamic OR Christian tyranny from succeeding.

Re: Do we ever have a good reason to kill?

Taffy
I believe that inside each of us humans there is always a good part. a part that wants to live and let live. that part maybe sometimes only 0,1% of the whole but i believe it is always there somewhere, so I tend to bet that anyone can change and move from a harming position to a reasonable/happy position in life. all we need is love is my believe. tyrans lack love. assasins lack love. these are my believes although I know as a fact and for sure that I am kind of an idealisit person.

All that said I think that OM words are wise and I could agree with him of course, the only 'problem' with me is that my heart (or mind) will always believe that anyone who has seen nd experience love would choose love and happiness.

where is time for love in our global society?
Dot

Re: Do we ever have a good reason to kill?

Dot
Survival

Do we ever have a good reason to die?

Re: Do we ever have a good reason to kill?

Taffy
what if your survival is connected to many other who would die?
Dot wrote
Survival

Do we ever have a good reason to die?
There are good reason to die, yes. especially when you are only existing(surviving) and not living (being productive).