Ebola in America

12
AMY

Ebola in America

AMY
Nope not in some safe Government lab where they accidentally expose each other like anthrax and smallpox, but a hospital in Georgia to treat two Americans who got it in Africa.  Does this just not fly in the face of common sense?  To prevent the spread of disease you limit the area of the disease, not fly it around the world.

Re: Ebola in America

OldMan_in_WV
Two points:

One. Ebola is not a communicable disease like the common cold. Though it is aggressively infectious, which means that those infected are highly likely to get sick, it's not very contagious, meaning that it doesn't spread easily.It is similar to AIDS in that one has to come in direct contact with the blood or secretions of an infected person

Two. Though you may hear that the death rate of those infected approaches 90%, that occurs in areas where there is little or no access to modern medical facilities. Public health and medical professionals in highly industrialized countries could deal with it very quickly. It's an advantage that poor affected countries in West Africa don't have.

Bottom line - Not to worry.

Re: Ebola in America

Tom-O
Well said OM.

Re: Ebola in America

Pistol Pete
Sow why didn't they treat it in Africa?  Like Nigeria which has modern hospitals.  What is this super serum the American got, but not the Africans?  Is Obama racist?
Dot

Re: Ebola in America

Dot
Mountains and Molehills. Two people were TESTED for Ebola. That's it. End of story.

Re: Ebola in America

DASH
  Two more unconfirmed cases in NYC hospitals from travelers returning from the Ebola region in Africa, which kind of renders this argument moot, since Ebola is already in America.

However you can make the argument that the Border Patrol, Customs, Homeland Security, etc....all FAILED in their jobs to prevent infectious diseases from entering the US.  Or perhaps they were told to FAIL, by the Obama administration, so that diseases can be used as population control and get rid of those pesky white males who run America.

Border patrol also reports detaining, at last count, 71 individuals on the southern border, who are from the Ebola region before illegally entering the US.   So the enter world is flocking to America thru the open Mexican-American border, bringing god knows what diseases.

Ebola in Georgia is not the fear you should worry about, you should fear the INVASION of people coming in thru Mexico, by why have borders.   Soon the New World Order will take over and the UN will run the world.

Re: Ebola in America

dragonslayer384
well did they fly the two americans who tested positive for ebola by passenger plane or by military plane it would make sense to fly them by military plane so other people do not come in contact with them

Re: Ebola in America

jayhawkroy
A special medical chartered plane was used to transport the two patients, separately in two separate trips.

The super serum is experimental, not approved for general use and very little is available for use by anyone.  Limited resource allocations apply here.  If it works well, then it may be fast-tracked for approval.
AMY

Re: Ebola in America

AMY
Mountains and Molehills?  I thought it was don't make Mountains out of Molehills.

So who made this decision and just suppose given all the precautions, that Ebola does break out in America.  What is Obama going to do?   Say I am Sorry??????

Every fall we are bombarded with PSA's telling us to go get our flu shot.  I think Ebola with a 50-90% mortality rate is a little more serious.

Or does Obama own a pharmaceutical  company and we will get PSA's telling us to get our Ebola shot, so Obama can make MONEY.

* PSA   =   Public Service Announcement

Re: Ebola in America

Tom-O
Well OM, how are things here with your buddies?  ;-)

Re: Ebola in America

DASH
Interesting comment Tom...having nothing constructive to offer the conversation, you proceed to taunt OM....

I can see why Obama is your hero...........lol

Re: Ebola in America

jayhawkroy
Obama has no direct connection with pharmaceutical companies, so any accusations that he will make big bucks through pharmaceutical ownership is false.

From Davidmanuel.com:
Barack Obama has a very boring investment portfolio.

*Note: these disclosures don’t require the exact value of the assets/income/liabilities to be disclosed - instead, they are given in ranges, eg. $250,001 - $500,000

According to Obama’s disclosure, his two biggest assets were:

US Treasury Bills
US Treasury Notes

Both of these holdings were somewhere in the $1,000,001 - $5,000,000 range.

After that, Obama had a Checking Account at JP Morgan Chase that had somewhere between $250,001 and $500,000 in it.

President Obama also had Bright Direction College Savings 529 Plans for each of his daughters - both of these accounts have between $100,001 and $250,000 in them.

Rounding out the list of his largest assets were:

US Treasury Bills - SEP/IRA, $100,001 - $250,000
Vanguard 500 Index Fund - $100,001 - $250,000

Re: Ebola in America

Porcupine Pete
We don't care how much Obama discloses at income etc.....I am sure he salted away tons of fund raiser money that he raises every day.   How many Billions did he salt away from the Stimulus??  Shovel ready jobs, yet the highway trust fund is bankrupt......

I think a special prosecutor is needed, but Holder is just as corrupt.

Re: Ebola in America

A taxpaying patriot
On the National News TODAY they announced the FIRST confirmed case of Ebola in the U.S.  Today is almost 1 complete month since you made this post. Why haven't the almighty upstanding republicans, who have been blathering for almost a complete month about this threat, done anything to stop it if they were so positive it was going to happen? Are they spending too much time making narcissistic observations and comments about how weak the democrats are? Shouldn't they care first about the health and well being of their constituents rather than focusing on what they other guy isn't doing?

You can make all the snyde comments you want about this side did or didn't do this, or that side would or wouldn't do that..but until all the unnecessary back handed bullshit stops...the people...will suffer while the sides wage silly stupid verbal terrorist attacks at each other.

Remember if you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem

Re: Ebola in America

Duncan

    Epidemic

    By

    Obama

    Loses

    America

Re: Ebola in America

Duncan
Obama the President is a DEMOCRAT!!!

The Senate is Controlled by DEMOCRATS!!!!

Hence the Democrats are in power not the GOP, so they are the ones Responsible for this.

Get your facts straight.

Re: Ebola in America

Martini Girl
Well Ebola is here.  Mortality rates above 50%.

Good bye to half of you.   I will miss you!!!!!!

Re: Ebola in America

A Taxpaying Patriot
Get MY facts straight?

The country is founded on a system which has two main parties.

NEITHER party has "the power"!! They SHARE IT! Hence it is BOTH parties fault!! PERIOD!! FACT!!

To want just ONE to have control is COMMUNIST!

WHAT is important?

AMY

Re: Ebola in America

AMY
DONT WORRY, BE HAPPY!!!

well now 80 people are being watched after being exposed, effecting 5 schools (yes, most of those exposed are children)

The man fled Liberia after his Family died there of Ebola and came to America for treatment.......

So thanks to Obama policies, EBOLA is firmly in America.

Since Obama believes America must SUFFER!!!!!!!

Do you?
Dot

Re: Ebola in America

Dot
Yeah too bad it still wasn't the Bush policies...we would just bomb the shit out of the country for withholding the vaccine they never had.
12