Finger of god documentary

123

Finger of god documentary

Alien Observer
http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/finger-of-god/

So ridiculous I couldn't finish it. It's about miracles like you've never seen before. People in religious groups suddenly getting gold teeth. Giant gems falling from nowhere. People being sprinkled with gold dust.

How does one give thanks to god for miracles such as these? 'Thank you, god, you could've grown food to feed the starving children of the world, but you gave me gold teeth instead - hallelujah!"

'Thank you god, there are millions of people in chronic pain, and people in comas or very near death, but you healed my sprained wrist so I can play video games. It's a miracle, amen!'

Well, the synopsis claims we'll see hundreds raised from the dead so I'll watch a bit more.
I am perfectly capable of making up my own mind. Right?

Re: Finger of god documentary

Alien Observer
Well, I can't deny that the lives of these people have become more than just a miserable existence. They experience a happiness and togetherness that they would never have known without the love of just a few caring people. Is this proof of a god? Are those miracles believable? No, not even close. But, I see no atheists spreading such joy in the world.

As an atheist I must now ask myself, Is there a god?

My answer has to be yes. WE are god. We are the god of love, just as we are the god of war, and of hate. It's up to each individual to decide whether to be a force for good, or for evil in this world.
I am perfectly capable of making up my own mind. Right?

Re: Finger of god documentary

Nigel
If you are God sir, then what are you doing about poverty, wars and injustice?
Why aren't you stopping these?

Re: Finger of god documentary

Yavo Cornblaster
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Finger of god documentary

Alien Observer
Nigel wrote
If you are God sir, then what are you doing about poverty, wars and injustice?
Why aren't you stopping these?
Ah, didn't say I was god. I said WE are god. The reason why poverty, war, and injustice thrives is because there aren't enough of us exerting our power. Just last month Verizon nixed a two-dollar charge for people that pay online. Why did Verizon stop this? Because enough of us felt empowered enough to complain.

Now, imagine if everyone in the world felt their godliness. The leader of one nation declares war on another nation, but the entire population of the world (the WE as god) simply stand up and say in one voice, "No."
There would be no war.

If WE stand up against the rich, and against the religions overflowing with SOOO much money, and we tell them they must eradicate hunger throughout the world or we will turn our backs on them, it would be done.

Could this be done. Definitely YES! Will it be done. No. The majority of the world's human population are just too conditioned to being controlled and manipulated - sheep. They will never accept the power they hold in their hands.

Yes you did say you were God sir. We includes yourself. If we are God then it follows that you must be God.
So you are saying its everyone elses fault that you are not stopping poverty, war and injustice?

Yeah. That's exactly what I'm saying, God. You are not doing your part, God.
I am perfectly capable of making up my own mind. Right?

Re: Finger of god documentary

peterws
Administrator
What should be done?  We eradicate wars, famine, and introduce more overpopulation.  Because there`s a general unwillingness to hang those who have more thab 1.35 children . . . .
"I will usually be pushed filed stamped indexed briefed debriefed or numbered"

So you are God sir?
Have you heard of delusional schizophrenia disorder?

So you are God sir?
Have you heard of delusional schizophrenia disorder?

Re: Finger of god documentary

Alien Observer
This post was updated on .
Nigel wrote
So you are God sir?
Have you heard of delusional schizophrenia disorder?
Wow, if you're smart enough to spell that, then you must be smart enough to understand what I'm saying, God.

Update: I just noticed that you're saying the same crap in another thread. Hey, L.O.D. (oops, I mean Nigel) if you can't wrap your head around the what-ifs on this topic, then stfu.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Finger of god documentary

LeftofDawkins
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Finger of god documentary

peterws
Administrator
This post was updated on .
"Have you read the Bible? Have you ever heard of the trinity? In order to be the current version of the bible God, you have to have a multi-personality disorder as well. Now the BORG, they have their shit together! "

Blimey, now I know you guys aren`t serios.  I`d be worried (seriously) if you were.  Never heard of the "Satanic Trinity"?

I am new to this site sir. I don't think you put this site into good reputation with your filthy language.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Finger of god documentary

*StarShine*
Administrator
Yavo Cornblaster wrote
peterws wrote
"Have you read the Bible? Have you ever heard of the trinity? In order to be the current version of the bible God, you have to have a multi-personality disorder as well. Now the BORG, they have their shit together! "

Blimey, now I know you guys aren`t serios.  I`d be worried (seriously) if you were.  Never geard of the "Satanic Trinity"?
LOL Pete. How do you get serious about a make believe subject? God's plan, if there was such a plan, was for Adam, Eve and their offspring. One family only. Once that family started having sex with each other, the plan went out the window, flawed. I always wondered how 2 people were supposed to populate the earth without incest. And apparently this WAS the plan since "God" did it again in the story of noah where they even went on the ark 2x2. What kind of plan involves incest? A perfect one? The plan failed the first time so what did God do? He killed everything off except 2 of each species so the whole mess could fail again with incest. Sorry doesn't make sense.

Now the satanic God, He would have included incest, genocide, apocalypse, and the rising dead. Think about it.

There is no such thing as a god. There is no such thing as a satan. There are only humans who insist there are.
If you stare into the faces of good and evil, you will only see humans.
The incest stuff your talking about.... I remember people bringing this subject up when I was in Church a lot..... I remember people saying ... If you remember the story of Cain and Abel  when he killed his brother God put a mark on the surviving brother so that the people would not kill him..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curse_and_mark_of_Cain  So there must have been other people...

and didn't Noah take his own wife...and his sons and their wives too....  that would be enough to repopulate without incest.

There was Noah and his three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth and their wives. (Genesis 6:18-21)(1Peter 3:20/ 2Peter 2:5)