I'm glad I don't live in Buffalo, New York.

I'm glad I don't live in Buffalo, New York.

OldMan_in_WV

Having to shovel that much snow would kill me.

Re: I'm glad I don't live in Buffalo, New York.

Tom-O
Yup, that's a great deal of water, and a whole lot of cold.

Years ago I visited Niagara Falls, a stone's throw north of Buffalo, and sat through an I-Max retelling of an 'ancient' tale of some native woman throwing herself off the top - a story that lives on through the naming of the tourist boat that takes you (but not me) out into the spray, the boat is called The Maid of the Mist.  (if memory serves.)

The point being, that back in the days when the first white man laid eyes upon the falls, they were frozen, and the snow was pretty deep.
I wonder how things are in Ontario?

Something to ponder...

http://www.ski-doo.com/home

...and of little importance...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skidoo_%28film%29

Re: I'm glad I don't live in Buffalo, New York.

*StarShine*
omg..me too !!    But it really isn't all that far off and I can have that kind of weather here.... have lived through it before.... ughhh

Re: I'm glad I don't live in Buffalo, New York.

joni38
I like your new picture Star
Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Re: I'm glad I don't live in Buffalo, New York.

*StarShine*
Administrator
aww thanks Joni...  :)   My daughter gave me her old ipod  ...  I have been having fun taking pictures with it... my kindle doesn't have a camera in it ... its the kindle fire hd ....      the first version has one ....but not the one I own.   ...n my camera on my cell is not the best...

:Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving !   :)      Was pretty quiet here... I had to work most of the day...cooked my meal the night before ....got to visit my mom and dad for awhile....... that was nice...I don't get there as often as I should....

Re: I'm glad I don't live in Buffalo, New York.

Porcupine Pete
Think of the snow caves, houses, igloos, and passageways you could make.   Mole city......lol

Re: I'm glad I don't live in Buffalo, New York.

dragonslayer384
wow star you look so much younger in this photo have you found the fountain of youth if you have we all could do with a drink from it