Let it be

PlanetGem

let it be

i just heard a week ago or so
when Paul mcCartney wrote
and sang...
"let it be"......
i thought it was a religious song....
but not really.....
his mother's name was Mary
and she came to him in a dream
when he was having
some big problem
and she told him
let it be

wow

cool

Re: Let it be

peterws
Administrator
Thought George Harrison wrote it . . . .Don`t know much do I?  Come to think of it, it sounds like Macca . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJGrz8I3JdU
"I will usually be pushed filed stamped indexed briefed debriefed or numbered"

Re: Let it be

PlanetGem

thanks for the sweet
jazzy piano video....
nice

and as for my post.....

the absolute
and complete
correct answer is....
it's a beatles song

have a fun day :)

Re: Let it be

DoctorWhom
I don't want to change subject here, but what do you guys
Think of Paul McCartney's new song "new"? It's a bit wings, very reminiscent of the Beatles.
I'm just soo on the fence about it. I love it and don't like it at the same time.
Take what you want and pay for it - Spanish Proverb

Re: Let it be

*StarShine*
Administrator
I had to look up this song... I never heard of it before.................. Sweet... how could anyone not like a song by one of the Beatles ? I like it !!

Re: Let it be

peterws
Administrator
Well, Paul can`t sing, but has a distinctive voice and can "put across" a song.  Or could when he was younger.  Jagger can`t sing either. Or Ian Dury, Joe Cocker or Eric Burdon.

They`re all English.  What a coincidence.  I cant sing either . . .
"I will usually be pushed filed stamped indexed briefed debriefed or numbered"

Re: Let it be

Let me tell you a story.
Once upon a time, long, long ago, I owned a business that catered
primarily to young people. The business was located in the basement
 of a multi-storied office building. One of the things present was a jukebox
 that was used almost continuously.

The proceeds I received from the jukebox alone paid the rent.
The song “Let It Be” was first released as a 45 RPM single and that record
was in that jukebox.
For a very long time the song that received the most plays,
for reasons beyond my understanding, was the flip side of that
Beatles record titled, “You Know My Name (Look Up The Number)”.
To this day the popularity of that song by that crowd baffles me.
I pass it off by telling myself that, after all, these were young people
and, as we know, all young people are brain damaged.

Re: Let it be

PlanetGem

the beatles
what a bunch of hacks