Life has not a given PURPOSE.

Taffy
after watching the film JACKASS, I was sure about it.

Millions of years and all there is in History was all made up. All invented. Bible, tradition, all.
The only given thing is nature, thunder, rain, mountains, and all we humans do is interpret it.
We are all free. Is that a relief?

Re: Life has not a given PURPOSE.

dragonslayer384
hi taffy hows it going your city and other cities have been in the news a lot people of brazil have been rioting about the billions that brazil is spending on the world cup and that there are people who are homeless and starving

Re: Life has not a given PURPOSE.

Taffy
Hi DS,
yes, it is true.

It was time for Brazil to wake up and see its reality.
The problem in Brazil, IMHO, is that of corruption. ANYTHING that uses public money, new roads, airports, public stadium, etc... some part of that money goes to someones pocket illicitly.

Re: Life has not a given PURPOSE.

dragonslayer384
taffy the uk sends millions of money too other countries too help the poor people of those countries but most of the money ends up in the rulers pockets and they live the life of luxury while their people are starving and begging on the streets the brazil government should put the people before the world cup its been said that some places in brazil will be ripping off the football fans when the world cup is being played

Re: Life has not a given PURPOSE.

Taffy
I don't believe that there will be danger for football fans. The police will be well aware of safety. But, I think you are right football shouldn't be more important than many other prioraties.
Anyway, I believe that the Olimpics and World cup bring people together and that is a good thing for the world relationship.

Re: Life has not a given PURPOSE.

PlanetGem

all i can
think to say....

the only
purpose
to life

is experience

have a
sweet day
:)

Re: Life has not a given PURPOSE.

Taffy
PlanetGem wrote
all i can
think to say....

the only
purpose
to life

is experience

have a
sweet day
:)
Yes, experience, I agree. To Experience things...different things , many things , various things... so you can know what makes you feel fulfilled, right?

Re: Life has not a given PURPOSE.

peterws
Administrator
You can experience good things. Bad things.  Good things which are actually bad, and bad things which turn out to be good.  And of course, just to confuse things a tad more, bad things masquerading as good.  All of which may make one feel good.  For a time . . . .

I haven`t worked out where "beer" fits into this yet . . .But I`ll sure have to drink some more, or I never will, will I?

Have fun, Taffy!
"I will usually be pushed filed stamped indexed briefed debriefed or numbered"

Re: Life has not a given PURPOSE.

Taffy
Thanks, Pete!
Nice to see you!

Have you seen this movie: "Jackass"? It is soooo sabsurd that made me think of how life has not a given meaning. Nothing. All is possible... Nothing is given, apart from death, of course, but I don't want to be dramatic or tragic, so cheers!!!

Hi Taff!  Hope you and yours are all OK in the heat you`re experiencing..  I`d gladly swap places, lass!
"I will usually be pushed filed stamped indexed briefed debriefed or numbered"

Re: Life has not a given PURPOSE.

Hank Kepanke
:) The movie Jackass has no purpose Taffy :)

Gem say's life's about experience :)

I say life's about seeking entertainment.....why else would we watch movies like Jackass :)

I love thunder, rain, mountains and nature....I find them entertaining....at times :)

Re: Life has not a given PURPOSE.

Doctor Who?
From an atheist's viewpoint, I agree, life has no purpose. We are born, we consume, we reproduce then we die. Life is pointless, why bother hanging around for 80 or so years? Black and white.

I don't happen to hold that view, for a number of reasons. For instance, imho, every person on this planet has a unique blend of talents and skills. Why is this? Why aren't we equally good at everything? The answer is that these have been designed to be shared. I have a talent or skill that you want so I share it with you, sometimes for money. You have a skill that I don't have, so you do the same, or teach me how to do it. Sharing makes the world go round.

Whether you believe in a creator or not, there must be a reason why we go through life experiencing what we do, growing at the same time. Some of us just haven't discovered the answer, yet.

And the designer?  Who or what might this be?
"I will usually be pushed filed stamped indexed briefed debriefed or numbered"

Re: Life has not a given PURPOSE.

Taffy
peterws wrote
Hi Taff!  Hope you and yours are all OK in the heat you`re experiencing..  I`d gladly swap places, lass!
The heat is tremendous. I am sweating as we speak. SOOOO HOTTTT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I won't complain cause I better feel hot than cold. But it hasn't been that hot in 71 years. So anyone who is 71 or less has never experience a hotter january in their WHOLE LIFE !!

Re: Life has not a given PURPOSE.

Taffy
Hank Kepanke wrote
:) The movie Jackass has no purpose Taffy :)

Gem say's life's about experience :)

I say life's about seeking entertainment.....why else would we watch movies like Jackass :)

I love thunder, rain, mountains and nature....I find them entertaining....at times :)
Exactly, The film Jackass is "PURPOSELESS" LOL!!

I agree life is about entertainment. (experience and entertainment are close to one another)

The thing is , and I'll try not to go too deep, the thing is, you must be entertaining BUT you must at the same time feel secure, so you have to have some 'believes' that make you feel safe, and sound.
Ok, nuff : )
: )

Re: Life has not a given PURPOSE.

Taffy
DW, my question has not much to do with atheist. It is somehow atheist, but the point is, all there is in the world was INVENTED. All was INVENTED. Nothing was given. Apart maybe from death, . Death you cannot chose. It is not something you can say : "well i want to die. " You die, wanting or not wanting. Fact. Given. And also the ambience around you is something Given. As your genes. You cannot change your genes.

If there is a reason we WILL NEVER EVER KNOW. We CREATE A REASON TO LIVE. we create God, or whatever. 'we' create .. "JACKASS'. 'wE HUMANS CREATE INVENT A REASON.
(Sorry for shouting, I get very emotional talking about this, lol! ) : )

Doctor Who? wrote
From an atheist's viewpoint, I agree, life has no purpose. We are born, we consume, we reproduce then we die. Life is pointless, why bother hanging around for 80 or so years? Black and white.