Take a critical view John Cleese

Taffy

Re: Take a critical view John Cleese

joni38
British people sound so smart.  I can only listen to that for so long, then need a break, lol.
Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Re: Take a critical view John Cleese

Of the four persons engaged in the debate, I recognize a couple of British comedians. From the gist of it I gather that the two entertainers were involved in a film that apparently, in part, portrayed Jesus in a manner that didn’t please the other two men, neither of whom I know. I would also assume that the effeminate, pompous ass in the purplish tunic playing with his gigantic Christian death symbol on a chain is a member of the clergy.

Does anyone know to what film they are referring?

Re: Take a critical view John Cleese

Taffy
Life of brian

Re: Take a critical view John Cleese

Taffy

Re: Take a critical view John Cleese

I’m not familiar with that film. I’ve never been a fan of British comedy. One television network here shows a few hours of British sitcoms on Saturday mornings. Shows like Are You Being Served, Keeping Up Appearances, Last of the Summer Wine, As Time Goes By, and Yes, Minister comes across as if written by amateurs. I don’t know if it’s a cultural thing but British humor doesn’t grab me.