Texas woman wakes up with British accent after common jaw surgery

Texas woman wakes up with British accent after common jaw surgery

OldMan_in_WV
Fox News published June 22, 2016

Lisa Alamia was born and raised in Texas, but she speaks with a British accent. KHOU.com reported that the mother of three began speaking differently six months ago after undergoing jaw surgery to correct an overbite. Although she hopes her former accent will return, Alamia is learning to manage her new one.
KHOU reported that Alamia was diagnosed with foreign accent syndrome (FAS), a rare neurological disorder that scientists estimate has impacted fewer than 100 people in 100 years. According to researchers at The University of Texas (UT) at Dallas, FAS may be marked by differences in timing, intonation and tongue placement, but speech remains comprehensible. No cause has been identified for the syndrome, according to UT at Dallas researchers.
FAS usually results from stroke or a traumatic injury that damages the brain.

AH HA! BRAIN DAMAGE!!! THAT EXPLAINS WHY THE BRITS TALK FUNNY..

Re: Texas woman wakes up with British accent after common jaw surgery

dragonslayer384
this has happened to other people and not just to so with brain damage well at least she is still talking in English some have ended up with Spanish French german and other accents

Re: Texas woman wakes up with British accent after common jaw surgery

OldMan_in_WV
This is what a normal Texas woman sounds like:

I hope they get that other lady fixed up soon before her friends start thinking she’s brain damaged.

Re: Texas woman wakes up with British accent after common jaw surgery

Taffy
funny

Re: Texas woman wakes up with British accent after common jaw surgery

orajel
Hey taffy very nice to see ur still here. Remember me i hope. You named my dog bout 7 yrs ago. Coney

Re: Texas woman wakes up with British accent after common jaw surgery

Taffy
of course i remeber u. from the old site. u use to post things at night and u would make me company. i remeber u shared some personal stuff to, (so did I)

how are u?  I miss some more personal contat but i guess it s only me, or?

Re: Texas woman wakes up with British accent after common jaw surgery

Taffy
I saw the video where the woman talks with british accent. very funny.

Tks OM!!! : )