The Hollywood vs. common sense thread.....

Dot

The Hollywood vs. common sense thread.....

Dot
Currently there is a lot of talk about the whole North Korean hack of the Sony Corp. thwarting the release of a movie.

To start, I believe years ago when television made a comedy show about the Bush family WHILE Bush was in office, I think that was in bad taste.

Now they made a movie about the assassination of the sitting leader of a foreign country. I dont care if it was comedic, fictional, or a drama, "we" should not be making films about the sitting leaders of ANY country. There are plenty of other topics and subject lines to make money off of, especially if it threatens the security of ANYONE!!

Many are viewing this as an attack on our first amendment right of free speech by a foreign country, or at least holding free speech hostage...

I view it as Hollywood's greed trumping common sense and the placing of constitutional rights, security and well being of the country at risk for the procurement of some extra dollars.

For each stupid action there is an equally stupid or more stupid reaction

Re: The Hollywood vs. common sense thread.....

Da Da Da Da
North Korea now  OWNS   Sony Pictures!!!!!    Terrorism pays!!!!

Plus the Rev AL Sharpton will be advising (dictating !!!)  to Sony what they can and can not do.

The war on America is in full Bloom

Re: The Hollywood vs. common sense thread.....

Phoenix
Question.

Is canceling the Christmas day release of "the interview" giving into terrorist?

"My motto has always been: If you persevere, you will prevail. Give it a try." -Fern Michaels

Re: The Hollywood vs. common sense thread.....

Tom-O
For Sony this might have been the last-straw. The were already running away from news stories:whether those stories were about a terrible 'hack', or about the stupidity of some people to say one thing in public and quite another in private - this is up to the individual viewer.

I don't know where N Korea comes into all of this, any fool can threaten. During the years-long bombing campaign in part of the UK (Northern Ireland) the bombers and the Police agreed certain code-words to differentiate between the real threat and the prank.

Its just another 'duck & cover' Christmas.