Quantcast

Trump is putting together one kick-ass cabinet.

Trump is putting together one kick-ass cabinet.

OldMan_in_WV
For eight years Obama has surrounded himself with Cabinet officials who have never spent a day in the business world.

Trump is appointing business executives who know how free enterprise is supposed to work and are going to dismantle the obstacles to growth that Obama’s left wing appointees have put in place. Many of those Capitalist-hating bureaucrats who currently man the agencies of the federal government will soon be gone.

America is going to change

Trump is appointing retired generals to cabinet positions who know that the policy of "leading from behind" means the absence of leadership.

The day of the Wuss in the White House will soon be over.

The world is going to change.

Re: Trump is putting together one kick-ass cabinet.

dragonslayer384jtr
I hope you have got lots of money when you have to pay more tax on products from mexico and the money to pay for trumps wall across the mexico/usa border less  money for the American public but more money for trump and his cronies and the rich people

Re: Trump is putting together one kick-ass cabinet.

OldMan_in_WV
In Mexico, corruption is deeply embedded culturally and is pervasive. It is fed by billions of narco-dollars. It entrenches the power of monopolists, party bosses, and numerous crime syndicates. Millions of Mexican citizens have fled north into the United States to escape these conditions. The Mexican government not only does nothing to prevent this drug trade and massive migration of its citizens, it encourages both.
I am absolutely in favor of a great wall being built to separate us from this nastiness that happens south of the border and having it built regardless of its cost. I’ve read that a 2000 mile wall, 30 feet high, would cost the same amount as an aircraft carrier. Cheap at twice the price.
President Trump says that given the Mexican government’s unwillingness to prevent these problems they should cover the costs that their people are causing by paying for the wall. I agree with that, but whether they do or not the wall should be built.
Were it up to me, there would be razor wire across the top of it, machine gun implements along its length, and mine fields in front of it.

As for trade, a significant portion of the goods coming from Mexico are from American companies that have moved their manufacturing businesses south of the border to avoid the massive corporate taxes and unwieldy regulations imposed by the Democrat’s legislation over the years. Those anti-business conditions created by those on the political left will be undone by our new President and our Republican Congress. Companies will be returning to the U.S. and hiring American workers.
Mexico is far more dependent on trade with the U.S. than we are with them. They have a population about a third of ours but a GDP about one fourteenth of ours.
And unlike you on the political left, we Republicans do not consider people who are successful and prosperous to be our enemies. We teach our children to emulate them.
We don’t consider corporations to be evil. We want them to be spectacularly successful.
We don’t look upon “profit” as a dirty word. Profits produce tax revenues to reduce our national debt and create more jobs.

You don’t have to agree with President Trump. Just keep the hell out of his way and watch him transform America back into the economic powerhouse it once was.

Re: Trump is putting together one kick-ass cabinet.

The One
Either you are suffering from alziemers now or you always were a fool disguised as a fairly smart person.

But ALL my respect for you has seemingly died with your ability to think

Re: Trump is putting together one kick-ass cabinet.

OldMan_in_WV
You are obviously opposed to the idea of American prosperity and security. I’m sure you would have liked the continuation of Obama’s policies of open borders, interfering with business growth, and “leading from behind”.
THOSE DAYS ARE OVER.
We are going to secure our borders, expel those intruders who have entered our national home without our permission, eliminate tens of thousands of unnecessary impediments to the expansion of American businesses, and reach out to destroy our enemies where they live.
Those who stand in opposition to these positive objectives are either those who seek to cause harm to America or those who suffer some severe mental defect.

Re: Trump is putting together one kick-ass cabinet.

peterws
Administrator
You in The States have an opportunity that we in Blighty are denied.  You have a businessman, we have a "hard speaking but short on action" Prime Minister.  Who wants the EU to succeed.  That makes no sense.
We need sound fiscal policies.
They are hard to come by without attracting waves of opposition, assassination attempts, from outside and politically from within.
They are almost impossible to implement within a universal democracy, imo because of elections.
Trump will have setbacks; he'll sometimes have to retreat in order to regroup.
Life will not be boring in America.  The eyes of the world are on you.  The scrutiny of the Chinese is, too.  They're worried about their exports.
I wish you all well . . . .
"I will usually be pushed filed stamped indexed briefed debriefed or numbered"

Re: Trump is putting together one kick-ass cabinet.

OldMan_in_WV
Elections are not the problem.
Americans get to elect their President.
In Britain, politicians (of the majority party) pick the nation’s leader from within their own clique.
.
Pity about that.

Picture a scenario in which any British citizen could run directly for Prime Minister.

I would love to see that.

There are many extraordinarily qualified individuals in the UK who have extensive executive level experience, would know how to make tough fiscal decisions, and would jump at the chance of vying for the top spot. People like that would transform the British nation for the better.

We’ve selected such a person here.
Donald Trump is not a politician; he’s an effective and successful businessman.
He has referred to the U.S. federal government which has over 430 departments, agencies, and sub-agencies and its more than 2 million bureaucrats as a sprawling swamp which he intends to “drain”. Now, as CEO of all of those agencies, I expect to see a much leaner more efficient central government after the next few years.
Admittedly, he’s a tad eccentric but he has a business skill set that I believe will have a dramatic effect on the efficacy of government operations.

You could use such a one on your side of the pond.