What a great day!!!

peterws
Administrator
Nowt special about it really, `cept it was sunny.  AND VERY WARM!!  That made it so special, you wouldn`t believe it.  Got my painting finished this morning . . . .house and garden wall to my wife`s satisfaction. . . .woodwork to follow . . . had lunch AND THEN . . . .OUT ON THE BIKE . . . nothing too strange in that, but . . . .NO SHIRT!!! . .(might be getting a bit old for this) . . .Over the hills round Lancaster;  feel sorry for the girls; guess the flowery dresses make up for it, they looked a treat today.  Summer`s arrived with a bang, long time coming . . .gonna last all week apparently . . .I`m off to Windermere on Monday again;  Ambleside, Kirkstone, back to Windermere for a bite and a chat to anybody who`ll listen . . last week `twas a cultured but shy gentleman of my age, very scruffy artist style . .guess he was single, `cos he ponged a bit . . . Magical places these, hardly anything`s changed in 50 years.  I`d miss them if I had to emigrate that`s for sure . . .wonder if Naomi Campbell ever visits Windermere? . . . .
"I will usually be pushed filed stamped indexed briefed debriefed or numbered"

Re: What a great day!!!

JiggerJ
Pete, you always seem so upbeat and positive. Is this from the chemical make-up of your brain, or something you find in a pint?
I don't have a beard. It's just that I haven't felt like shaving for the last 20 years.

Re: What a great day!!!

peterws
Administrator
Might be caffeine . . .MAB`d have summat to say about that . . . .seriously, think I`m addicted to me bike, dunno why, just get a tad excited when I`m on it.  Freedom and all that I guess . . .used to be motorbikes

On 21 May 2010 22:52, JiggerJ [via Iwonder All Categories] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Pete, you always seem so upbeat and positive. Is this from the chemical make-up of your brain, or something you find in a pint?
I don't have a beard. It's just that I haven't felt like shaving for the last 20 years.

"I will usually be pushed filed stamped indexed briefed debriefed or numbered"

Re: What a great day!!!

Taffy
What? 4 years ago, huh? does it seems yesterday?
Looks like a lovely day you had Pete, whish you a thousand more!! : )
Keep us updated on your tours and such.
For my part today i took breakfast out, a place called : LE PAIN COTIDIEN, seems to be like a sturbucks but less carpet, more wood. nice place to chat with my friend. Nice neighbourhood also. There were few foreigners. Germans i guess.
And today was a wonderful sunny day that made you smile just looking around the sunny trees.

Re: What a great day!!!

peterws
Administrator
Time flies, Taff.  Still get out on the bike, but dunno how safe this is anymore.  Motorists are crazy and often foreign. . . .got to Windermere a couple  o' weeks ago and it was still the same but I had to pay to park!  My Scottish ancestry does not like this at all. .

And I kept me shirt on. . .haha.  We've had another excellent summer too.  And winter ain't bad, you know!

Have fun, girl.  How's the leg?
"I will usually be pushed filed stamped indexed briefed debriefed or numbered"

Re: What a great day!!!

Taffy
peterws wrote
Time flies, Taff.  Still get out on the bike, but dunno how safe this is anymore.  Motorists are crazy and often foreign. . . .got to Windermere a couple  o' weeks ago and it was still the same but I had to pay to park!  My Scottish ancestry does not like this at all. .

And I kept me shirt on. . .haha.  We've had another excellent summer too.  And winter ain't bad, you know!

Have fun, girl.  How's the leg?
yes, time flies...
it is good to know that you are 'pedeling'(does it makes sense: pedeling?) biking I mean. it is lovely to feel the wind on your face and feel the speed...
I am doing great, everything is ok, the bones are 'glued together,
no cruthes anymore, no pain, but i am not walking perfectly.
Soon, maybe, i hope

Re: What a great day!!!

peterws
Administrator
Noticed what you said about the eating house you went to with the French name!
Wooden boards, no carpet. .
that makes it up market!

We have many cheap places to eat.  Chief amongst which is Wet her spoons.  Now, they all utilise old architectural splendours in which to display their culinary delights.  But the building interiors are equally impressive.  Like an old bank with decorative ceiling. Or an old bath house, etc.  You go out wondering how on earth they stay in business. . .but they do.
"I will usually be pushed filed stamped indexed briefed debriefed or numbered"

Re: What a great day!!!

Taffy
that's right, i guess the old stuff has its own charm, we feel more at 'home' and no worry if you break anything, LOL
funny u mention the bath house, it was something I noticed in the cafe I was, it was called ... yes a french name.. it slips my mind now.... hmmm can't remember, anyway, the toilet was not round(the place you sit) it was square old fashioned, and i really liked it.

today i'm eating out with hubby.