can anyone tell me what the guy says on 6:14 minutes

can anyone tell me what the guy says on 6:14 minutes

Taffy
THANKS! : )

They all laugh but I don't know what they are laughing about. : (

Re: can anyone tell me what the guy says on 6:14 minutes

OldMan_in_WV
What he has said is that a customer had gone to the rest room and stolen a urinal that he had attempted to carry out under his coat. Apparently, the television program is British. They pronounce it differently than we do. Here’s a web site that will give you the British and American pronunciations:

http://www.howjsay.com/index.php?word=urinal&submit=Submit

Re: can anyone tell me what the guy says on 6:14 minutes

Taffy
OldMan_in_WV wrote
What he has said is that a customer had gone to the rest room and stolen a urinal that he had attempted to carry out under his coat. Apparently, the television program is British. They pronounce it differently than we do. Here’s a web site that will give you the British and American pronunciations:

http://www.howjsay.com/index.php?word=urinal&submit=Submit
HAHAHA!!! How absurd!!! hahahahahaha....

Thank you so much for answering! And also for your kindness to direct me to the link! ;) on google i was searching for something like: eargoggles hahahahaha ...

How would someone carry an urinol ??? hahahahaha.. was it made of porcelane, or metal ? (u don't have to answer)

Re: can anyone tell me what the guy says on 6:14 minutes

OldMan_in_WV
I will answer, nonetheless. It appears to have been made of porcelain.

(First news article)

THIEF STEALS URINAL FROM CITY PUB

Police are on the hunt for a thief who stole a urinal from a pub in Hampshire.

The man is thought to have spent 40 minutes removing the white toilet bowl after ordering half a pint at the Royal Oak pub in Southampton.
He then stuffed the urinal in a rucksack and left the pub making sure he wiped his fingerprints off the door as he went.
But his exploits were caught on CCTV and after reviewing the tape landlord Alan Dreja handed it over to police.
"It's unbelievable," said Mr Dreja, 46, who has been landlord at the Royal Oak in Houndwell Place for two years.
'Professional job'

His wife Suzie Dreja added: "We were stunned as he did it at about 5pm.
"He had wandered in and ordered half a pint of Fosters, took a few sips and went into the toilet a few times.
"He did a very professional job. He turned off the stop cock and capped off the pipe.
"Our staff had thought we had taken it off for repair and it was not until the evening we noticed.
"After we realised, we looked at the CCTV and saw him go in with a flat rucksack and come out with it bulging. He actually wiped his fingerprints off the door as he left."
A spokesman for Hampshire police said: "It is a very unusual theft and we would like to speak to the man captured on the CCTV.
"It was clearly a very professional job," he added.

(Second news article)

PUBLICITY FLUSHES OUT URINAL THIEF

LONDON — A British man caught on camera stealing a urinal from a pub gave himself up to police after media reports of his antics attracted global attention, detectives said Tuesday.
The 42-year-old man carefully removed the toilet from the bathrooms of the Royal Oak Pub in Southampton on the English south coast, stuffed it into a rucksack and walked out.
Last week officers released photos of the bizarre theft, which was captured on closed circuit television, and reports of the crime appeared around the world from as far away as India, Australia and China, Hampshire police said.
The man handed himself and the urinal over to police, saying he had taken it as a "souvenir."
Detectives decided to let him off with an "official caution" after interviewing him.

The Brits let him off with a warning. That cracks me up. The Brits are nothing if not lenient. Criminals from around the world are now going to flock to Britain. After robbing a bank all they have to do is claim they just wanted the cash as souvenirs. The police will, of course, give them an “official caution” and send them on their way.

There is no such thing in the U.S. as an "official caution". Here in West Virginia he would have been charged with GRAND THEFT for stealing the urinal with the additional charge of CRIMINAL DAMAGE TO PROPERTY for causing harm to the business and sentenced to up to 10 years on the first count and up to a year additional on the second. Both offenses also carry stiff fines.

Re: can anyone tell me what the guy says on 6:14 minutes

Tom-O
Grand Theft, really?

http://www.criminal-law-lawyer-source.com/terms/grand_theft.html

Is the term 'Correctional Facility' still used in the US, in these days of the profit-motive through incarceration?

Are not places that profit from providing mood-alteration not treated differently from others?

No wonder the Puritans fled from a tolerant Europe to found their 'Shangri La' of America.

Re: can anyone tell me what the guy says on 6:14 minutes

Taffy
WOW!!! What a story!!

What made me laugh the most was: I took it as a souvenir, hahahahahahAAAAAAAAA, I love it, a souvenir, LOL!!
I can't stop laughing!!!
Aren't souvenirs supposed to be smal, or at least not too big, like an ashtray, etc. What about a big porcelain urinal, lol !!?

Re: can anyone tell me what the guy says on 6:14 minutes

“Grand Theft, really?”

Yes, Tom, really.
In the UK, Parliament is the legislative body that creates criminal law.
In the US, most criminal laws are established by legislatures at the State level.
There are some crimes that fall under federal jurisdiction that are handled by the FBI or some other federal agency. These types of crimes include, among others, counterfeiting, insider trading, money laundering, securities fraud, smuggling, crimes against banks, and kidnapping. But the laws covering your day to day street crimes such as murder, rape, or robbery are created and enforced at the State level.
Actions that are perfectly legal in one State may cause you to be arrested for committing a crime across the State border. Each State has its own standards as to how they define a crime and what the penalties for those crimes might be.

I’ve run into people visiting the United States who have difficulty understanding why the laws vary from State to State. There was a situation in which a murder suspect fled from Oklahoma to Wisconsin. Oklahoma officials who knew where he had gone had to make a request for the fugitive's extradition. A court in Wisconsin which received the extradition request and after determining that the paperwork was in order issued a warrant for the arrest of the person. After the arrest, hearings occurred in which the State court had to determine whether to extradite the person. The fugitive fought like hell against the extradition in court because in Oklahoma he would be facing the death penalty for his crime. Wisconsin, which doesn’t have the death penalty, had no authority to try the man for a crime committed in Oklahoma. Those foreign visitors were absolutely befuddled by these proceedings with one stating that the two States were acting like separate countries. They were unfamiliar with how fiercely independent American States are.
But I’m digressing.
The point I was trying to make was about grand theft here in West Virginia. First of all, in the U.S. the crimes of larceny and theft are often used synonymously and usually are referred to as the same thing. Here’s a part of the West Virginia State statutes:

WEST VIRGINIA CODE
§61-3-13. Grand and petit larceny distinguished; penalties.
(a) If a person commits simple larceny of goods or chattels of the value of one thousand dollars or more, such person is guilty of a felony, designated grand larceny, and, upon conviction thereof, shall be imprisoned in the penitentiary not less than one nor more than ten years… and shall be fined not more than two thousand five hundred dollars.

Most American States use the terms misdemeanor and felony to distinguish between lesser and major crimes. Any crime that has a penalty greater than one year in jail is a felony. In West Virginia the cut off point for this particular crime is $1000. In Massachusetts, just to show one contrast, this crime becomes a felony at $250 but has a maximum penalty for the crime of only five years in prison.
Another thing about West Virginia law, using the event that occurred in England as an example, is that the value ascribed to the theft would include the cost of returning things to its original condition. in this instance, that would include the value of the urinal plus the cost of professional installation which would easily move it into the grand theft category.

“Is the term 'Correctional Facility' still used in the US, in these days of the profit-motive through incarceration?”

Yes, the phrase is used on occasion. If by ‘profit-motive through incarceration’ you are referring to the privatization of some prison facilities you should note that only 8.4 percent of prisoners in the United States are held in facilities owned and run by private companies that have contracts with State governments. Contrast that with the 16 privately run prisons in the UK that hold over 11 percent of British prisoners. Note: one of the axioms of Republican Party philosophy is that anything that the government is doing that can reasonably be privatized should be.

“Are not places that profit from providing mood-alteration not treated differently from others?”

I do not understand the meaning of this question.

“No wonder the Puritans fled from a tolerant Europe to found their 'Shangri La' of America.”

The Puritans did not flee from England to found America. America was founded long after their migration. And England at the time was anything but tolerant. These people did not wish to be part of the Church of England which was required by law. In the 17th century many of them were arrested and imprisoned for noncompliance.
Oh, when they got here and built their little hamlets they were just as intolerant toward people who believed differently than they did as the Church of England had been toward them. It would be another century and a half before freedom of religion was codified in the American Constitution.