flowers

opinionated_1
So the other day me and my friend were talking abt receiving flowers. She sees it as an overdone waste of money under any cirsumstance. I on the other hand, love getting flowers, especially when unexpected. When did you last get/give flowers and why? Is it a wasteful gesture?

Re: flowers

SOOObored
I bought flowers for my husband about a month ago. I brought them home and made the arrangement. I did it because I know he enjoys seeing them in the house. I don't think it's a waste if they're enjoyed.

Re: flowers

needabreak
My husband will bring me flowers once or twice a month, for no reason. I love them, but I would not be upset if he didn't get any. He likes having fresh flowers in the house, too.
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open...

Re: flowers

joni38
IF the person has spare money to spend it is a nice gesture. I got a nice mixed bunch at the grocery store on sale for $5.00 for my daughter's graduation and it stayed looking nice for a couple of weeks.

However, if a person springs $40 for 12 roses (or however much they cost) and really shouldn't waste money - probably not a good idea.  I think some people do it to impress or make up or something and spend too much money doing it.
Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Re: flowers

SmartShark1958
I`ve always liked the look and smell of fresh cut flowers,I frequently purchase a bouquet just because I feel like it. My friends kid me about it,they think I`m too much in touch with my feminine side,lol. I don`t agree,believe me when I say that I`m 100% male,and not insecure about doing things that some moron may consider feminine,btw,I also like keish, (sp),sorry,I never could spell.

Re: flowers

Bronzebabe
I love flowers, and never thought they were "wasteful".  The last time I got flowers, well, it was a while ago.  Like 2004.  Hmm...
You only get one life, live it well!

Re: flowers

punkin
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Life is an ongoing series of troubleshooting events and overcoming obstacles. I believe peace, joy and success come as a result of one's ability to conquer those obstacles, helping other living beings along the way, and moving forward with a positive attitude, .  Listening to some good music helps too.
~tr!sh~

Re: flowers

Lawhern
It isn't a wasteful gesture, Opinionated One... But purchasing cut flowers might be too expensive for people dealing with serious financial limitations.  For anyone who has an internet connection, however, it is never impossible to give flowers.  You can simply look up links on the Internet, and either print out pictures or send the links to the object of your affection.

As Punkin has noted, the "Spots of Light" series is my own particular gift of flowers (and of places, light, and elevated spirits) to those who visit I-Wonder.  I also distribute a similar series by email, at higher resolution.  And an online archive of many "gifts of flowers" is available from my website:

http://www.lawhern.org/Photos/index2.html

Enjoy,
   - Red

Richard A. "Red" Lawhern, Ph.D.
http://www.lawhern.org
"Giving Something Back"

Re: flowers

Timmy09
Not at all buddy! I love flowers and whenever I receive them, it makes me very happy. I always make sure that flowers used at my parties and events should be fresh. Use an online Florist Delivery services and very happy with them.