my husband loves the verb 'to thrive'. I learned today the word: 'tame', 'taming'. I am using only one crutch.

my husband loves the verb 'to thrive'. I learned today the word: 'tame', 'taming'. I am using only one crutch.

Taffy
how are you?

Re: my husband loves the verb 'to thrive'. I learned today the word: 'tame', 'taming'. I am using only one crutch.

Tom-O
I'm just fine, fine and dandy. Thank you for asking.  :-)

A kind word may turn away wrath, but one need not be 'tame', not fundamentally, and not all the time.

'Some' people rue the day that women got the vote, women and peasants. "What was the world thinking?" They ask.

Although, it is said that the meek shall inherit the Earth, more often than not the meek get just six feet of it. (above them)

Re: my husband loves the verb 'to thrive'. I learned today the word: 'tame', 'taming'. I am using only one crutch.

Taffy
Tom-O wrote
I'm just fine, fine and dandy. Thank you for asking.  :-)

A kind word may turn away wrath, but one need not be 'tame', not fundamentally, and not all the time.

'Some' people rue the day that women got the vote, women and peasants. "What was the world thinking?" They ask.

Although, it is said that the meek shall inherit the Earth, more often than not the meek get just six feet of it. (above them)
Tom, words I don't know:

wrath (Is there something to do with light speed? or is it warth speed? )
rue(In french is the word for 'street')
meek

your text made me feel like: LOL!

Good thta you feel fine, and dandy! (is dandy happy? anyway I understand that it is a good thing;

Have a wonderful week, Tom! : )

Re: my husband loves the verb 'to thrive'. I learned today the word: 'tame', 'taming'. I am using only one crutch.

Tom-O
In Star Trek, its Warp Factor this or that.

Here I am trying to broaden your English vocabulary, and add to your store of idioms...

You only have to put a word into a search engine to get it's meaning.

Let the Dictionary be your crutch. :-)

I always all the time I use the dictionary. I wouldn't use it if you are just 'in front of me', cause THAT would sign that I consider you 'dead', which you are not. I need live contact as much as anyone. Here you and I have a somehow 'real' contact, let's not spoil it, : )
Got it ? ;)

Re: my husband loves the verb 'to thrive'. I learned today the word: 'tame', 'taming'. I am using only one crutch.

Tom-O
It is wonderful to hear that you are doing well, and that things around the home are getting better.

Maybe you had better hold on to your 'maid'. :-)

Sorry,Tom, but I don't know what you mean by (or what it is meant by): you had better hold on to your 'maid.

Re: my husband loves the verb 'to thrive'. I learned today the word: 'tame', 'taming'. I am using only one crutch.

Tom-O
'Maid'.
That person who comes in to help with the washing, cleaning etc.

[At great risk, I'll say...]

You seem to thrive having more leisure time to yourself.